Hi, beauties and gentlemen!
Spring break is right around the corner, and if you happened to put your plans on the backburner due to the hustle and bustle of life, don’t panic! Flights are still available, and most hotels still have rooms open to book, too.
I created a list of family-friendly places you may want to visit with your little ones. Whether you enjoy the mountains, a beach vibe, or the pleasures of sightseeing, this list has something for everyone. Without further ado, here are seven fantastic vacation destinations, all of which are ideal for a family-style spring break:
1. Washington D.C. – From the Smithsonian museums to the Cherry Blossom Festival that takes place from mid-March to mid-April, D.C. is an amazing vacation spot for families. Plus, the food culture is incredible. My favorite brunch spot? Farmers Fishers Bakers. Delicious! Don’t forget to make a reservation.
2. San Diego, California – The San Diego Zoo is a family favorite or spend the day at the USS Midway Museum, an aircraft-carrier-turned-museum which is open to the public. Oh, and, of course – the beaches! San Diego is definitely all about sun and fun.
3. Orlando, Florida – Home of amusement and theme parks, Orlando is one of the most family-friendly vacation spots. Plus, the weather is usually lovely this time of year, so enjoy the decrease in humidity and have a blast at Disney, Universal, and Legoland.
4. Sun Valley, Idaho – If you’re looking to seize the winter season, enjoy this great skiing destination. Also, catch the Sun Valley Film Festival which is coming to town in a few weeks, perfect timing for spring breakers.
5. Paradise Island, Bahamas –I am partial to this special place because Paradise Island has been a family tradition for the last ten years. The Atlantis Resort is a fabulous hotel that is tons of fun for kids and adults. From the beach to the aquarium to the casino (adults only) to the water parks, this resort has it all.
6. Turks and Caicos – Soak up the sun and enjoy the pristine beaches of Turks and Caicos. You don’t have to do much here to have a great time!
7. Phoenix, Arizona – I am also partial to this wonderful city because I lived there for seven years. Take in a spring baseball game, enjoy a day of shopping in Scottsdale, and try the many great restaurants this city has to offer. Also, head to Northern Arizona to visit the Grand Canyon!
Spring break is a wonderful opportunity to get away with the family, and this is also the ideal time to travel affordably because the pricy winter holidays have passed and the busy summer months have yet to come. Cheers to a fun and safe spring break, everybody!
Readers, don’t be shy. Contact me and share your thoughts. Until next time!