Hi, beauties and gentlemen!
Something I often find myself doing is collecting denim pieces with no real rhyme or reason, but mostly because denim is easy to pair with almost anything. That’s how I justify my random denim purchases – I chalk them up to value and versatility. No denim item is off limits, either. I like denim pants, tops, and blazers. You name it, and it’s denim, and I’ll be ready to give it a new home (well, within reason, of course).
My favorite denim is FRAME, which you may have remembered because I mentioned this brand a time or two before. I love a denim/chambray shirt, too, and this one is from Gap. Gap offers a nice variety of denim washes, and I like the way their tops fit.
My blazer is by Balmain, but Veronica Beard has a cute denim-colored one also.
The great thing about mixing and matching denim is that there is no true formula for fashion success. Nevertheless, here are some tips for creating a head-to-toe denim look:
1. Do not be afraid to mix up your denim washes – choose different washes to give your look some dimension.
2. Use shades and styles that flatter your body type. Not all denim is created equal.
3. Throw in some distressed denim. Texture is your friend!
4. Add a western twist. I added boots in this particular look, and I loved it! Cowgirl boots are always a mood.
5. Mix your silhouettes by choosing slouch denim, flowing denim, and skinny denim.
Beauties, how do you feel about “Canadian tuxedos”? Don’t forget to tag me in your all-denim-everything looks on Instagram!
Readers, don’t be shy. Contact me and share your thoughts. Until next time!